Cosmetic Dentistry In Palatine, IL
People choose esthetic dental procedures/surgery for various reasons—to repair a defect such as a malformed bite or crooked teeth, treat an injury, or just improve their overall appearance. Whatever the reason, the ultimate goal of cosmetic dentistry at Herman Salzberg, D.M.D. in Palatine, IL, is to restore a beautiful smile.
For these and many other reasons, cosmetic dentistry has become a vital and important part of the dental profession.
What Can Cosmetic Dentistry Do?
If you’re even been envious of an actor or model’s perfect set of teeth, chances are fairly good that those smiles are perfect because of cosmetic dentistry. Better yet, our Palatine, IL dental team can help you get the very same smile.
Cosmetic dentistry is designed to improve the shape, size, color, and overall appearance of your smile, whether you need to correct a single tooth or all of your teeth. We can work with you to determine which cosmetic option is best suited to your needs and goals.
Cosmetic dentistry can be used to,
- Lengthen short, stubby teeth
- Make teeth appear even and symmetrical in length and size
- Remove stains and brighten the color of your teeth
- Straighten crooked and misaligned teeth
- Remove excess gum tissue and treat “gummy smiles”
What Are the Most Common Cosmetic Dentistry Treatments?
Common esthetic dental procedures can be performed to correct misshaped, discolored, chipped or missing teeth. They also can be used to change the overall shape of teeth—from teeth that are too long or short, have gaps, or simply need to be reshaped.
Some of the more common procedures involve:
- Bonding - A procedure in which tooth-colored material is used to close gaps or change tooth color.
- Contouring and reshaping - A procedure that straightens crooked, chipped, cracked or overlapping teeth.
- Veneers - A procedure in which ultra-thin coatings are placed over the front teeth. Veneers can change the color or shape of your teeth. For example, veneers have been used to correct unevenly spaced, crooked, chipped, oddly shaped or discolored teeth.
- Whitening and bleaching - As the term implies, whitening and bleaching, a rapidly increasing procedure, are used to make teeth whiter.
Here at our practice, we provide the latest dental technology and cosmetic techniques along with a friendly, caring, and knowledgeable staff that can’t wait to help you get the smile you want. We make scheduling your visits easy and we tailor any cosmetic treatments to meet your needs. Want to know which techniques should be used to improve your smile? A dental exam from Dr. Salzberg will take many factors into consideration, including your overall oral health.