Posts for tag: cosmetic dentistry
Each of life's moments are precious—but some are more precious than others. For one like your wedding day, you want to look your very best.
Be sure your teeth and gums are also ready for that once in a lifetime moment. Here are a few cosmetic enhancements that can transform your smile appearance.
Dental cleanings. Having your teeth cleaned professionally not only boosts your dental health, but it can also enhance your smile's brightness. A dental cleaning removes plaque and tartar that can yellow and dull teeth. With plaque out of the way, your teeth's natural translucence can shine through.
Teeth whitening. For an even brighter smile, consider teeth whitening. We apply a bleaching solution that temporarily whitens your teeth. With a little care on your part and occasional touchups, your brighter smile could last well beyond your wedding day.
Tooth repair. A chipped or cracked tooth can ruin an otherwise perfect smile. We can often repair mild flaws by bonding tooth-colored composite resins to the defective area, usually in one visit. Porcelain veneers or crowns can mask more moderate imperfections, but they must be undertaken well in advance of your big day.
Teeth replacements. We can restore those missing teeth ruining your smile with dental implants. An implant replaces the tooth root as well as the crown to create a stable and durable hold that can last for years. But similar to porcelain restorations, an implant restoration could take months—so plan ahead.
Orthodontics. Correcting a bite problem through orthodontics can have a huge impact on your smile. Straightening teeth isn't just for teenagers—you can undergo treatment at any age. And if you opt for clear aligners, no one but you and your orthodontist need know you're wearing them.
Cosmetic gum surgery. Even if your teeth look perfect, too much of your gums showing could detract from your smile. If your “gummy smile” is caused by excess gum tissue, there are a number of plastic surgical techniques that can restructure the gums so that they appear in right proportion with the teeth.
If you want a more attractive smile on your wedding day, see us as soon as possible for a full evaluation and assessment of your needs. Depending on what you need, we have the means to make your smile live up to that moment of moments.
If you would like more information on smile enhancements, please contact us or schedule an appointment for a consultation. You can also learn more about this topic by reading the Dear Doctor magazine article “Planning Your Wedding Day Smile.”
Are you unhappy with some aspect of your smile? A cosmetic dentistry service or treatment offered by your Palatine, IL, dentist, Dr. Herman Salzberg, can help you improve or correct your dental issue.
Are your teeth dull? Teeth whitening can brighten your smile!
Anything white, whether it's a tee-shirt or your teeth, tends to look a little duller over time. Although aging and tobacco use are common causes, dullness can also be caused by eating and drinking foods and beverages that contain dark pigments. Coffee, tea, red wine, dark-colored soft drinks, berries, ice pops, and candy are common culprits.
Teeth whitening bleaches away stains, leaving your teeth up to eight shades whiter. Whitening only requires a single, one-hour visit to the Palatine, IL, dental office.
Do you need to hide flaws or repair damage?
Depending on your problem, your dentist may recommend one of these options:
- Bonding: Bonding, one of the least expensive cosmetic dentistry services, involves applying flexible, tooth-colored composite resin to the tooth. After the resin is shaped, it's hardened with a curing light. Bonding can improve the shape or length of a tooth, cover discolorations or cracks, and fill in chips and other imperfections.
- Veneers: Veneers are thin shells that are cemented to the fronts of your teeth. Veneers can change the shape or length of teeth and might be a good option if you want to conceal discolorations, chips, cracks, and gaps. Veneers also offer a long-lasting teeth whitening option.
- Crowns: Crowns, commonly called caps, are hollow restorations that fit over teeth after they've been reduced in size. A crown can restore a broken tooth, protect a fragile tooth, or completely change the shape, length, or appearance of your tooth.
Have you stopped smiling because your teeth are crooked?
Invisalign may be the perfect option if you'd like to straighten your smile discreetly. The system uses a series of clear, removable aligner trays that slowly but surely realign your teeth. Invisalign is a good choice for both teenagers and adults with mild to moderate orthodontic issues.
Improve your smile with cosmetic dentistry! Call your dentist in Palatine, IL, Dr. Salzberg, at (847) 359-6766 to schedule your appointment.
Find out the many ways our dental team is crafting a beautiful smile with cosmetic dentistry.
Regardless of where we come from and what language we speak, a smile connects us all. It’s a universal language that welcomes and shows warmth and kindness. Of course, if you are dealing with chipped, discolored, or misshapen teeth then you may find yourself smiling less than usual. Let our cosmetic dentist Dr. Herman Salzberg and his team change all that! We tailor all of our cosmetic dentistry options to fit your needs and goals.
Our Palatine, IL, patients turn to cosmetic dentistry for a number of reasons.
Some of the top reasons to consider cosmetic dentistry include,
- Remove stains and to achieve a whiter smile
- Alter the shape and size of your smile
- Buff away or cover chipped or cracked teeth
- Enhance the shape of the gums
- Improve your oral health
- Bolster and strengthen healthy tooth enamel
- Straighten your smile
- Improve your self-confidence
- Boost your mood
- Improve your social and professional life
Some of the most popular cosmetic treatments we offer include,
- Dental bonding: During bonding, Dr. Salzberg will apply a pliable tooth-colored resin to small gaps between teeth, chips and other small imperfections in order to hide these flaws and improve the appearance of a tooth. This resin is shaped, trimmed, and then hardened directly to the tooth.
- Teeth whitening: Professional teeth whitening is the fastest and most effective way to get a visibly brighter smile and to remove stubborn yellow stains. Whether you choose to whiten at our office or in the comfort of your own home, we can offer custom teeth whitening treatment to improve the vibrancy of your smile.
- Porcelain veneers: These thin, porcelain shells are cemented permanently to the front of several teeth in order to hide a wide range of cosmetic flaws while also improving the overall shape, length, alignment, and color of your teeth. Great for full smile makeovers!
- Dental implants: Want the next best thing to a real tooth? An implant will replace a missing tooth from the roots all the way to the crown, mimicking the look and feel of a real tooth. Implants are the only lifelong tooth replacement.
Are you ready to get a smile that you feel confident in? The next step is to sit down with our Palatine, IL, dental team to discuss which cosmetic dentistry options are right for you.
Call us at (847) 359-6766.
As far as your appearance goes, the most important teeth you have are those in the “smile zone.” These are the teeth most visible when you smile—and the ones that awkwardly stand out if they're chipped, worn or otherwise flawed. More than any other teeth, they determine how inviting your smile is to others.
You might think you'll need extensive cosmetic dental work to fix these kinds of dental defects. But that may not be necessary: We may be able to use a dental material known as composite resin to repair the defects in your “smile zone” teeth in one office visit.
Composite resins are a combination of ceramics and plastics that have been around for some time. They've only recently come into wide use, though, with the development of new techniques to bond them to tooth surfaces. They're ideal for chips, cracks, or decayed areas where front teeth make contact with one another. They may also be used occasionally to reshape irregular or misaligned teeth.
You'll first need a complete dental examination to determine if composite resin bonding is an appropriate approach for your situation. If so, we'll begin by preparing the tooth surface to better accept the resin material. We'll then apply the liquid form of the material in layers, along with other agents to increase the material's strength. Each layer is cured (hardened) before applying the next layer.
As the layers build up, we shape the material to achieve a normal tooth appearance. We'll also incorporate your individual color shadings, so that the prepared tooth blends well with surrounding natural teeth. In effect, the procedure requires as much artistry as technical skill to create a natural look.
Though not as strong as porcelain veneers or crowns, composite resins are durable if not subjected to heavy biting forces. And for a few hours in the dentist's chair with minimal tooth preparation, a composite resin treatment can create a dramatic and exciting change in your appearance.
If you would like more information on composite resin bonding, please contact us or schedule an appointment for a consultation. You can also learn more about this topic by reading the Dear Doctor magazine article “Artistic Repair of Front Teeth With Composite Resin.”
It’s a brand new year. Maybe it’s time for a brand new smile?
If you want to start out the New Year with a brilliant new smile our Palatine, IL, cosmetic dentist Dr. Herman Salzberg can help you craft and create the results you want. From minor tweaks to serious makeovers, our dental team offers a wide range of cosmetic dentistry options ready to cater to your smile needs.
Here are some of the most popular cosmetic dentistry options,
If you have a small chip, discoloration or other minor damage to a tooth then our Palatine, IL, dentist may be able to correct them with dental bonding, which uses a resin the color of tooth enamel. If the imperfection is cosmetic, then the resin is matched to your tooth and then applied and shaped over the flaw. Once shaped, the resin is hardened directly to the tooth with a light.
During this simple cosmetic procedure, our dentist will remove trace amounts of enamel from a tooth in order to alter the shape, length or texture. Contouring may also be used in conjunction with bonding to help sculpt the perfect tooth or teeth. This is a great option for someone who is looking to reshape teeth but isn’t looking for serious alterations.
Veneers are perfect for those looking to completely revamp and enhance their entire smile. These thin porcelain shells are bonded directly to the front of teeth in order to change the length, size, shape, color and alignment of your smile. This may be a great option if you are looking to hide,
- Chipped or cracked teeth
- Worn or misshapen teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Slightly crooked or overlapping teeth
This is one of the most popular cosmetic treatments we offer because most people want to achieve a whiter smile. Everything from age to the foods we consume can lead to dull, yellowing teeth. Professional whitening can get smiles several shades whiter in about one hour. If you have an important occasion coming up and you want a visibly whiter smile then in-office whitening may be the best option for you.
There are countless benefits to getting cosmetic dentistry. Some of these benefits include,
- Restoring confidence
- Improving your overall appearance
- Strengthening teeth
- Reducing tooth sensitivity
- Improving your bite (to make chewing and speaking easier)
- Preventing future dental issues
Are you ready to find out how cosmetic dentistry can transform your smile and your appearance? Call our Palatine, IL, dental practice at (847) 359-6766 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Salzberg. Get a new and improved smile.