Posts for category: Cosmetic Dentistry
Dr. Herman Salzberg, our dentist here at Herman Salzberg, DMD in Palatine, IL, commonly utilizes dental implants as a tooth replacement solution. If you’re considering getting implants, you probably have a lot of questions, so we’ve put together a list of dental implant FAQs for you.
What Exactly is a Dental Implant?
This tooth replacement treatment replaces a missing tooth with an implant made out of a titanium post. In turn, this will bond with your jawbone to build a strong foundation for the dental crown that will be placed on top and serve as the visible tooth. An abutment atop the dental implant will connect the dental crown to the implant, restoring your smile and oral functions.
Multiple implants could be implanted for replacing multiple missing teeth. Additionally, a dental implant could be utilized for securing dental bridges and removable or fixed dentures.
Why Should I Choose Dental Implants Over Other Tooth Replacement Solutions?
Because implants perform and look like real teeth, they’re the only tooth replacement solution that can prevent jawbone loss and even promote further bone development. You can smile, eat, laugh, and speak confidently, knowing that your teeth won’t budge. Doing your oral care habits is also easier because you won’t have to remove, clean, and then put anything back.
Does Dental Implant Surgery Hurt?
Not at all. Your dentist in Palatine, IL, will use anesthesia throughout the dental implant surgery to make sure that you don’t feel a thing. However, as with most dental surgeries, you will experience some pain after the surgery, which you can relieve by taking OTC pain medications and ice.
How Long Will The Entire Dental Implant Treatment Take?
The entire treatment will take a couple of months. For people who have enough jawbone and excellent oral health, the dentist may consider placing the implant after the tooth extraction. You’ll then have to wait for a couple of months for the implantation site to properly heal so that the dental crown can be installed without issues.
On the other hand, patients who have tooth infections or other dental issues, or those that need bone grafting, would have to address these problems first before starting dental implantation surgery.
How Long Will a Dental Implant Last?
At least 20 years, or even a lifetime, when cared for and maintained properly. As for the crown on top, you can expect it to last for 15 or more years.
Contact Us For More Information or Questions on Dental Implants
Schedule a meeting here at Herman Salzberg, DMD in Palatine, IL, with Dr. Herman Salzberg by dialing 847-359-6766.
Having a white smile is perceived as a sign of health, and it's something people strive for. Dr. Herman Salzberg of Palatine, IL, provides many services, including cosmetic dentistry, to improve the appearance of your smile. Palatine Cosmetic Dentistry is the way to go if you're ever feeling self-conscious about your teeth.
What are some Palatine cosmetic dentistry tips that can keep teeth white?
- Bonding: This cosmetic procedure utilizes tooth-colored composite resin material to close gaps and whiten teeth. The material is applied to dental surfaces to also fix teeth that are chipped, broken, cracked, stained, or have spaces between them.
- Veneers: Veneers are ultra-thin dental appliances that dentists adhere to the surface of stained, worn, chipped, or cracked teeth to change the color or shape of teeth. Palatine cosmetic dentistry provides veneers because they can also hide minor gaps, uneven spacing, crooked, or oddly shaped teeth. Note that a thin layer of enamel is removed so veneers fit comfortably, without protrusion. This process is irreversible, so make sure you speak with your dentist before deciding to get veneers.
- Contouring and reshaping: This procedure, also called odontoplasty, straightens crooked teeth and fixes chipped, cracked, or overlapping teeth. This cosmetic procedure is also called enameloplasty because it removes small amounts of tooth enamel when altering the appearance of a tooth's shape, length, or surface.
- Whitening and bleaching: This cosmetic procedure whitens teeth by bleaching them. This is done at the Palatine cosmetic dentistry office because the materials used are handled by experts. Your Palatine dentist uses a retractor to keep lips and other soft tissue off tooth surfaces during the procedure, which lasts about one hour. The bleaching material is applied and then you're done. There are other products you can use at home, as some kinds of toothpaste, but those contain abrasive materials that may harm your teeth by breaking down enamel (protective layer of teeth).
How do you maintain whiter teeth?
- Avoid eating too much of staining foods, like blueberries
- Avoid smoking and chewing tobacco
- Brush and floss regularly
Whom should I consult?
If you're interested in any of the cosmetic dentistry procedures mentioned above, then don't hesitate to contact Dr. Herman Salzberg at 847-359-6766 today!
Cosmetic dentistry from your dentist in Palatine, IL, can give you a beautiful smile
Did you know you can change the size, shape, or color of your teeth with just one cosmetic dentistry procedure? It’s true! Dental veneers are the answer to a brand new, beautiful smile. In fact, veneers are one of the most popular cosmetic dentistry procedures because they can dramatically improve your look in a
Here at the office of Dr. Herman Salzberg in Palatine, IL, we offer a wide selection of cosmetic dentistry procedures including dental veneers. Read on to learn more.
What Veneers Can Do For You
Veneers are thin laminates of sparkling porcelain that are cemented on to the front surfaces of your teeth. They are a conservative procedure because your dentist removes little-to-no tooth structure during the treatment—just enough to compensate for the thickness of the veneers.
Porcelain veneers are so versatile that they can cover up unsightly issues, such as:
- Cracks and fracture lines from wear-and-tear
- Broken tooth structure from trauma or an injury
- Chips, erosion, and tooth wear from everyday habits or aging
- Blotches, discolorations, or stains from genetics, medications, or lifestyle habits
You can even minimize the appearance of gaps between your teeth, overlapping teeth, or crowded teeth. Porcelain veneers can completely remake your smile in as little as two-to-three appointments. When you choose porcelain veneers, you can count on:
- Natural-looking beauty, because porcelain is a light-reflective material that closely resembles the look of natural tooth enamel.
- Long-lasting beauty, because porcelain is stain-resistant, so your new veneers will stay beautiful for years to come.
To view amazing before-and-after photos of Dr. Salzberg’s patients, please visit the Smile Gallery page on his website at https://www.palatinedental.com/gallery.html
Interested? Give Us a Call
Porcelain veneers can improve your look and your life! To learn more about what porcelain veneers can do for you and your smile, call Dr. Herman Salzberg in Palatine, IL, at (847) 359-6766. Get started on your new smile by calling today!
It’s a brand new year. Maybe it’s time for a brand new smile?
If you want to start out the New Year with a brilliant new smile our Palatine, IL, cosmetic dentist Dr. Herman Salzberg can help you craft and create the results you want. From minor tweaks to serious makeovers, our dental team offers a wide range of cosmetic dentistry options ready to cater to your smile needs.
Here are some of the most popular cosmetic dentistry options,
If you have a small chip, discoloration or other minor damage to a tooth then our Palatine, IL, dentist may be able to correct them with dental bonding, which uses a resin the color of tooth enamel. If the imperfection is cosmetic, then the resin is matched to your tooth and then applied and shaped over the flaw. Once shaped, the resin is hardened directly to the tooth with a light.
During this simple cosmetic procedure, our dentist will remove trace amounts of enamel from a tooth in order to alter the shape, length or texture. Contouring may also be used in conjunction with bonding to help sculpt the perfect tooth or teeth. This is a great option for someone who is looking to reshape teeth but isn’t looking for serious alterations.
Veneers are perfect for those looking to completely revamp and enhance their entire smile. These thin porcelain shells are bonded directly to the front of teeth in order to change the length, size, shape, color and alignment of your smile. This may be a great option if you are looking to hide,
- Chipped or cracked teeth
- Worn or misshapen teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Slightly crooked or overlapping teeth
This is one of the most popular cosmetic treatments we offer because most people want to achieve a whiter smile. Everything from age to the foods we consume can lead to dull, yellowing teeth. Professional whitening can get smiles several shades whiter in about one hour. If you have an important occasion coming up and you want a visibly whiter smile then in-office whitening may be the best option for you.
There are countless benefits to getting cosmetic dentistry. Some of these benefits include,
- Restoring confidence
- Improving your overall appearance
- Strengthening teeth
- Reducing tooth sensitivity
- Improving your bite (to make chewing and speaking easier)
- Preventing future dental issues
Are you ready to find out how cosmetic dentistry can transform your smile and your appearance? Call our Palatine, IL, dental practice at (847) 359-6766 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Salzberg. Get a new and improved smile.