Posts for tag: veneers
Having a white smile is perceived as a sign of health, and it's something people strive for. Dr. Herman Salzberg of Palatine, IL, provides many services, including cosmetic dentistry, to improve the appearance of your smile. Palatine Cosmetic Dentistry is the way to go if you're ever feeling self-conscious about your teeth.
What are some Palatine cosmetic dentistry tips that can keep teeth white?
- Bonding: This cosmetic procedure utilizes tooth-colored composite resin material to close gaps and whiten teeth. The material is applied to dental surfaces to also fix teeth that are chipped, broken, cracked, stained, or have spaces between them.
- Veneers: Veneers are ultra-thin dental appliances that dentists adhere to the surface of stained, worn, chipped, or cracked teeth to change the color or shape of teeth. Palatine cosmetic dentistry provides veneers because they can also hide minor gaps, uneven spacing, crooked, or oddly shaped teeth. Note that a thin layer of enamel is removed so veneers fit comfortably, without protrusion. This process is irreversible, so make sure you speak with your dentist before deciding to get veneers.
- Contouring and reshaping: This procedure, also called odontoplasty, straightens crooked teeth and fixes chipped, cracked, or overlapping teeth. This cosmetic procedure is also called enameloplasty because it removes small amounts of tooth enamel when altering the appearance of a tooth's shape, length, or surface.
- Whitening and bleaching: This cosmetic procedure whitens teeth by bleaching them. This is done at the Palatine cosmetic dentistry office because the materials used are handled by experts. Your Palatine dentist uses a retractor to keep lips and other soft tissue off tooth surfaces during the procedure, which lasts about one hour. The bleaching material is applied and then you're done. There are other products you can use at home, as some kinds of toothpaste, but those contain abrasive materials that may harm your teeth by breaking down enamel (protective layer of teeth).
How do you maintain whiter teeth?
- Avoid eating too much of staining foods, like blueberries
- Avoid smoking and chewing tobacco
- Brush and floss regularly
Whom should I consult?
If you're interested in any of the cosmetic dentistry procedures mentioned above, then don't hesitate to contact Dr. Herman Salzberg at 847-359-6766 today!
Cosmetic dentistry from your dentist in Palatine, IL, can give you a beautiful smile
Did you know you can change the size, shape, or color of your teeth with just one cosmetic dentistry procedure? It’s true! Dental veneers are the answer to a brand new, beautiful smile. In fact, veneers are one of the most popular cosmetic dentistry procedures because they can dramatically improve your look in a
Here at the office of Dr. Herman Salzberg in Palatine, IL, we offer a wide selection of cosmetic dentistry procedures including dental veneers. Read on to learn more.
What Veneers Can Do For You
Veneers are thin laminates of sparkling porcelain that are cemented on to the front surfaces of your teeth. They are a conservative procedure because your dentist removes little-to-no tooth structure during the treatment—just enough to compensate for the thickness of the veneers.
Porcelain veneers are so versatile that they can cover up unsightly issues, such as:
- Cracks and fracture lines from wear-and-tear
- Broken tooth structure from trauma or an injury
- Chips, erosion, and tooth wear from everyday habits or aging
- Blotches, discolorations, or stains from genetics, medications, or lifestyle habits
You can even minimize the appearance of gaps between your teeth, overlapping teeth, or crowded teeth. Porcelain veneers can completely remake your smile in as little as two-to-three appointments. When you choose porcelain veneers, you can count on:
- Natural-looking beauty, because porcelain is a light-reflective material that closely resembles the look of natural tooth enamel.
- Long-lasting beauty, because porcelain is stain-resistant, so your new veneers will stay beautiful for years to come.
To view amazing before-and-after photos of Dr. Salzberg’s patients, please visit the Smile Gallery page on his website at https://www.palatinedental.com/gallery.html
Interested? Give Us a Call
Porcelain veneers can improve your look and your life! To learn more about what porcelain veneers can do for you and your smile, call Dr. Herman Salzberg in Palatine, IL, at (847) 359-6766. Get started on your new smile by calling today!
Find out how cosmetic dentistry can provide you with the smile of your dreams.
Feeling confident in your appearance often translates to feeling confident with your smile. After all, a smile is one physical feature that we notice first. If you want to make a good first impression on a date or a job interview, you want to consider turning to our Palatine, IL, cosmetic dentist, Dr. Herman Salzberg, for cosmetic dentistry. Here’s how we can help you:
Also referred to as dental bonding, this simple and inexpensive cosmetic treatment is designed to repair decay, discolorations, and minor flaws in a tooth to improve the overall color, shape or size. While it won’t be able to make drastic changes to your smile, it can fix small aesthetic imperfections. How it works is this: a dentist at our Palatine office will choose the resin that most closely matches the shade of your tooth. The bonding resin will then simply be applied, shaped, and hardened into place with a laser.
Have you noticed that your smile has started to yellow or dull a bit over the years? Has coffee drinking left you with a stained and discolored smile? If so, professional teeth whitening can give you fast and effective results. Not only can this treatment remove deep-set stains from the enamel and dentin layers of your teeth, but this professional system can also lighten the color of your tooth. In as little as a single teeth whitening session, we could get your smile several shades whiter.
Do you wish your smile were just a little straighter? Do you have cracks, chips, discolorations, or other problems that are spread across your smile? If you said “yes”, then dental veneers are here to help. These mega-thin, tooth-colored shells are bonded to the front of your teeth to hide common defects while also greatly improving the overall shape and color of your smile. If you’ve ever wondered how some Hollywood stars get such beautiful smiles, they most likely have dental veneers to thank!
If you have questions about getting cosmetic dentistry or you want to find out which option is right for your smile, call our Palatine office today to schedule a consultation with us. Our number is (847) 359-6766.
For over three decades, veneers have helped mask dental imperfections like chipping, staining or gaps and improve the appearance of millions of teeth. As the name implies, this thin layer of porcelain covers a tooth's visible surface and accurately mimics the texture, color and translucence of natural teeth.
Veneers could be just the solution you need for a more attractive smile. But before you begin treatment, be sure you have these 3 essentials in place to ensure a successful outcome.
True expectations. While the transformation of a tooth's appearance with a veneer can be astounding, veneers in general do have their limitations. You need an adequate amount of the tooth's structure present for a veneer to properly adhere — if not, you may need to consider a porcelain crown instead. Likewise, gaps and other misalignments may be too great for a veneer to cover: in that case, you should consider orthodontics. A thorough examination beforehand will determine if veneers are the best option for you.
An artisan team. Every veneer is custom made to match an individual patient's tooth shape and color, handcrafted by a skilled dental technician. There's also an art to the dentist preparing the tooth beforehand and then properly positioning the veneer for bonding to achieve the most attractive result. Be sure, then, that your veneer "team" comes highly recommended by others.
The best materials. The first porcelains were powdered glass ceramics mixed with water to form a paste. Technicians shaped the paste in successive layers and as it oven-cured it took on the beautiful translucence of natural teeth. Unfortunately, this type of porcelain could be brittle and prone to shattering when subjected to heavy biting forces. In recent years, though, we've begun to use ceramics reinforced with other materials like Leucite for added strength. Today, the materials dentists use have much better durability.
If you would like more information on porcelain veneers, please contact us or schedule an appointment for a consultation. You can also learn more about this topic by reading the Dear Doctor magazine article “Porcelain Veneers.”
What's an actor's most important feature? According to Vivica A. Fox, whose most recent big-screen role was in Independence Day: Resurgence, it's what you see right up front.
"On screen, your smile and your eyes are the most inviting things that bring the audience in" she said. "Especially if you play the hot chick."
But like lots of people, Vivica reached a point where she felt her smile needed a little help in order to look its best. That's when she turned to a popular cosmetic dental treatment.
"I got veneers years ago," Ms. Fox told Dear Doctor magazine in a recent interview, "just because I had some gapping that probably only I noticed."
What exactly are dental veneers? Essentially, they are thin shells of lustrous porcelain that are permanently attached to the front surfaces of the teeth. Tough, lifelike and stain-resistant, they can cover up a number of defects in your smile — including stains, chips, cracks, and even minor spacing irregularities like the ones Vivica had.
Veneers have become the treatment of choice for Hollywood celebs — and lots of regular folks too — for many reasons. Unlike some treatments that can take many months, it takes just a few appointments to have veneers placed on your teeth. Because they are custom made just for you, they allow you to decide how bright you want your smile to be: anywhere from a natural pearly hue to a brilliant "Hollywood white." Best of all, they are easy to maintain, and can last for many years with only routine care.
To place traditional veneers, it's necessary to prepare the tooth by removing a small amount (a millimeter or two) of its enamel surface. This keeps it from feeling too big — but it also means the treatment can't be reversed, so once you get veneers, you'll always have them. In certain situations, "no-prep" or minimal-prep veneers, which require little or no removal of tooth enamel, may be an option for some people.
Veneers aren't the only way to create a better smile: Teeth whitening, crowns or orthodontic work may also be an alternative. But for many, veneers are the preferred option. What does Vivica think of hers?
"I love my veneers!" she declared, noting that they have held up well for over a decade.