Posts for tag: Whitening
Having a white smile is perceived as a sign of health, and it's something people strive for. Dr. Herman Salzberg of Palatine, IL, provides many services, including cosmetic dentistry, to improve the appearance of your smile. Palatine Cosmetic Dentistry is the way to go if you're ever feeling self-conscious about your teeth.
What are some Palatine cosmetic dentistry tips that can keep teeth white?
- Bonding: This cosmetic procedure utilizes tooth-colored composite resin material to close gaps and whiten teeth. The material is applied to dental surfaces to also fix teeth that are chipped, broken, cracked, stained, or have spaces between them.
- Veneers: Veneers are ultra-thin dental appliances that dentists adhere to the surface of stained, worn, chipped, or cracked teeth to change the color or shape of teeth. Palatine cosmetic dentistry provides veneers because they can also hide minor gaps, uneven spacing, crooked, or oddly shaped teeth. Note that a thin layer of enamel is removed so veneers fit comfortably, without protrusion. This process is irreversible, so make sure you speak with your dentist before deciding to get veneers.
- Contouring and reshaping: This procedure, also called odontoplasty, straightens crooked teeth and fixes chipped, cracked, or overlapping teeth. This cosmetic procedure is also called enameloplasty because it removes small amounts of tooth enamel when altering the appearance of a tooth's shape, length, or surface.
- Whitening and bleaching: This cosmetic procedure whitens teeth by bleaching them. This is done at the Palatine cosmetic dentistry office because the materials used are handled by experts. Your Palatine dentist uses a retractor to keep lips and other soft tissue off tooth surfaces during the procedure, which lasts about one hour. The bleaching material is applied and then you're done. There are other products you can use at home, as some kinds of toothpaste, but those contain abrasive materials that may harm your teeth by breaking down enamel (protective layer of teeth).
How do you maintain whiter teeth?
- Avoid eating too much of staining foods, like blueberries
- Avoid smoking and chewing tobacco
- Brush and floss regularly
Whom should I consult?
If you're interested in any of the cosmetic dentistry procedures mentioned above, then don't hesitate to contact Dr. Herman Salzberg at 847-359-6766 today!