These small restorations offer amazing benefits for those suffering from tooth loss.
Don’t you just feel better when you smile? Of course, if you are dealing with gaps in your smile where teeth used to be then chances are good that you don’t smile nearly enough. Smiling has an array of wonderful benefits for your appearance, confidence and physical health. It lowers blood pressure, helps keep you relaxed and promotes a stronger immune system. So, if you want to enjoy all these benefits that smiling has to offer then it’s time you talked to our Palatine, IL dentist, Dr. Herman Salzberg, about dental implants.
What are dental implants?
A dental implant functions just like a tooth root. This metal post is placed into the jawbone where your missing tooth was. The metal post, along with the bone and tissue, fuse together to become one. Now the implant is ready to support an artificial tooth.
What are the advantages of getting dental implants in Palatine, IL?
While we know you have choices when it comes to treating your tooth loss, dental implants are truly unique because they offer a variety of benefits that other treatments can’t. Some of the benefits you’ll enjoy include:
- A long-term restoration: Bridges and dentures may last several years but they aren’t designed to last a lifetime. However, a dental implant is designed to last several decades and even the rest of your life with the proper care.
- A realistic restoration: You don’t have to worry about other people noticing which tooth is the implant and which ones are your real teeth. An implant is as close to a natural tooth as you can get. Plus the implant is covered with a dental crown, which is custom made to match the shade of your teeth so that you’ll have full, confident smile.
- Restored chewing and speaking: These are habits we take for granted until tooth loss happens. While dentures can slip around and make it difficult to eat all the foods you want, dental implants will stay in place all day every day so that you can enjoy all your favorite foods and confidently speak to those around you.
- Revived self-esteem: Having gaps in your smile puts quite the damper on your appearance and confidence level, but imagine what would happen if you had a full smile once more? Would you smile more? Wouldn’t you feel better about the way you look? Would you social calendar start to grow? Would you start going to more job interviews?
- Prevent bone loss and misalignments: Tooth loss can also lead to jawbone loss and cause teeth to shift out of alignment. These are nasty complications that don’t have to happen if you get treated as soon as possible. Dental implants stimulate the growth of new bone cells within the jawbone, preventing it from deteriorating. And since the implant replaces your missing tooth you won’t have to worry about other teeth shifting out of place.
If you are ready to take the plunge and get dental crowns then it’s time you called our Palatine, IL dental office to schedule a consultation. We would be happy to sit down with you and make sure that your smile goals will be met by getting implants.